Pregnancy – Week 13: Oh sweet heavens. We have arrived at Oma’s house in Germany and Hazel and I are both dragging our feet. We have caught the European plague – aka the worst virus ever and I am bed bound. I haven’t gotten out of bed for a full 7 days, but thank goodness we have had Papa, Oma, Opa and Tante to take care of us! We have been looked after with meals, naps, rest and love. It has been disappointing to miss out on a week of our precious time discovering Oma’s city and spending time doing fun things, but I am so thankful for the support and care. Did I mention, when you’re pregnant, there is no medicine to relieve your cold related woes?
I did eventually get better just in time to go to the Netherlands to do some power shopping. I LOVE Hema and a few other Dutch shops, and the majority of my splurge was done there.
This week’s life update:
- I have been in bed for a full week
- Netflix in Germany is way better. When I was coughing up a lung throughout the night, I was able to enjoy a new mix of Netflix hits.
- I had a bleeding nose for over an hour. My sister-in-law nursed me back to health and even handled my contaminated Kleenex (or Tempos in Germany).
- Hazel has fallen in love with the neighbours dog, Bruno. I love that name for a dog!
- Oma and Hazel love sharing there “brotchen” at breakfast time. Let me rephrase that: Hazel loves eating her Oma’s brotchen and Oma willingfully complies – with strawberry jam to boot! I think my toddler might go through “second breakfast” withdrawal when we return to Canada!
- Drugs. Nose spray, cough medicine, anti-histamines … cold relief!
- Kinder chocolate regels
- Plain yogurt
- Nothing new to note
- I spent so much time sick in bed, I couldn’t even concentrate on my pregnancy! Therefore, I was unable to compare and contrast overall!