This week’s life update:
Have you ever seen the movie “What to Expect when You’re Expecting”? I can relate to the character, Wendy Cooper. We have both been put through the throes of the unglamorous side of pregnancy. This poor woman has had every pregnancy symptom in the books: acne, weight gain, nausea, swelling, emotional, uncomfortable, etc. To make Wendy’s life even better, she is pregnant along side her father-in-law’s younger wife, Skylar, who makes pregnancy look like enchanting and foxy. To be honest, “Skylar” reminds me of my first pregnancy (breeze), whereas “Wendy” reminds me of this current pregnancy (trial and tribulation. hehe).
This past week (37 weeks), my right foot and hand have started to swell. Yeesh. My foot feels like i am wearing a wet shoe with water sloshing around inside. It also gave me a bit of a scare, so I contacted my midwives pronto and we crossed preeclampsia off the list of possible detriments. Luckily, this is just a sign of pregnancy.
My toddler has become quite toddler-ish and spunky this week. Here favourite things as of late: 1) turning into a noodle when I try put her into her car seat, 2) saying no / saying “that’s mine” whining, 3) wearing rings on her fingers and 4) having a melt down if I turn off an episode of “Peppa Pig”. I think we need some home days!
Gender prediction: Boy – based on the fact that the acupuncturist told me upon entering the room, “oh my, that big baby boy!”.
Baby names: We have some. I don’t think they will be final until the day of!
Sleep: Yup. Still sleepless. I find I can’t fall asleep before 11:30 and my toddler wakes me up between 6:30 -7:00 a.m. But, most nights I fall asleep at 1:30 a.m. or wake up around 4:00 a.m.
What I miss: Putting my shoes on like a normal person. I huff and puff like I just ran a marathon. I feel that would be more noble.
What I am looking forward to: Wearing normal clothes! Oh – let’s not forget this Baby finally being here. I can’t wait to meet it!!!!!!!!!
Maternity clothes: I miss fitting into my maternity clothes. Ha. Current favourites: my Gap “monk dress” and my pyjamas.
Aches and pains update (a.k.a. complaining):
- My tailbone is still sore. I have been seeing an acupuncturist to help turn baby but also to address my back pain (along with continued visits to Chiropractor and a mobile massage).
- I am tired. Insanely tired. I sometimes think, “Oh my, Baby better not come today! I don’t think I’ll have the energy for labour!
- Baby is posterior presentation. I am trying to turn it with chiropractic care, yoga positions, acupuncture and massage.
Peeing: Every two hours during the night.
Nesting: Not much by way of nesting these days. I am mostly trying to sleep and keep the house clean.
Stretch marks: None to date.
Workouts: I have mainted my weight lifting class Mondays and Fridays (I give the instructor quite the scare each time I show up!) and I try go for a walk/waddle/jog/wog with Hazel once a week, usually on Thursdays.
- Peppermint tea
- Ice cream – STILL
To dos: Sooooooo my list of to dos is way too long and I might get overwhelmed listing them here. But, I will list a few anyway:
- Wash and install bucket seat into my car.
- Bring furniture into basement and setup guest room (my BFF will be arriving soon. EEK!)
- Buy curtains for Hazel’s room.
- A crazy need for order – although I’m tired I need to have the house tidy and laundry put away each night before bed. I’d love to have my walls washed, my refrigerator purged and sanitized, my carpets steamed and cleaned, my summer items placed in storage, and all my pantries sorted and reorganized.