After a couple of years on pumpkin strike (simply due to pumpkin overdose), I am happy to say I am back on the pumpkin train. This is one of those simple gluten free (and grain free) recipes that anyone can whip up – simple and delicious … and all sorts of fall wonderful!
And a major bonus, anything you can pop in the blender is a win-win to me! Baking is my therapy and this loaf was a very successful counselling session.
- Country Bumpkin Pumpkin Loaf2015-10-29 20:14:03Write a reviewPrep Time20 minCook Time45 minPrep Time20 minCook Time45 minIngredients
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup almond butter
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup (1 ounce) coconut flour
- 1½ tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1½ baking soda
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Prepare a loaf pan and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a high-speed blender, combine the eggs, almond butter, maple syrup, pumpkin puree, coconut oil, lemon juice, and vanilla. Puree for 30 (ish) seconds until smooth and creamy.
- Add the coconut flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, lemon zest, fresh ginger, and sea salt. Blend again for 30 seconds until well combined. (I didn't blend the batter well enough and there were small pockets of coconut flour. Make sure it is mixed well. If need be, take a spoon and check for chunks of flour!)
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the loaf from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Remove from the pan and cool completely before eating, about 2 hours. Store tightly wrapped in the refrigerator.
Adapted from Against All GrainAdapted from Against All GrainMerry Golden http://www.merrygolden.com/
- I am an avid proponent of weighing ingredients. Especially gluten-free/grain-free flours. I suggest weighing the coconut flour.