We’ve all been there. You received an amazing Crewcuts sundress and a Mini-Boden winter jacket for your kidlet from your well meaning, fashionable friends. But, it’s -30 outside and as much as you would like to be at the beach right now, it’s just not in the cards. And that winter jacket? Well, it will be summer by the time Tiny-Tim fits those sleeves, but there is bound to be at least one cold day in July, right?
Much to your dismay, babe will be out of this brand new, brand name piece of clothing before you can say “ootd” (outfit of the day).
What to do with this (wonderful) misfortune? CONSIGN IT! [Pre]Shrunk is an upscale, online consignment store based in Calgary, Alberta. But don’t fret, my friends, did you read the online portion of that description? This means you can buy and sell from the comfort of your messy hair and spit-up laden sweat pants – at home.
To be honest, when I first heard about Pre-Shrunk, I didn’t think I would be able to afford “upscale” clothing. I mean, I thought this was only for the Burberry and 7 for All Mankind kids. However, the price (and brand) range varies significantly -$10-200 – and I even found some very practical items for my girls for next year – Converse sneakers and Cath Kidston onesies.
Who is [Pre]Shrunk:
- Calgary-based fashion gurus Tracy Fu and Erin Ferguson
- Canadian, online retailer
- Consignment store
What they buy/sale:
- Freshly laundered, new and lightly used premium labels (some of my favourite: UGGS, Boden, Jcrew, Sorel, Tea Collection, Zara)
- Boys and girls wear from sizes newborn to age 12
- Maternity wear
- Baby accessories (carriers, baby bags, etc.)
- Price range: ~$10 – $200
How it works:
- Fill out consignment agreement (details of what/how to sell, pricing info, sale period and how to get paid)
- Mail items or arrange pick-up if you’re a local Calgarian
- Items will be featured for 90 days
- Consignors receive 40% of the pre-tax sale price of sold items or 50% of the pre-tax sale price of sold items as consignment credit to use at www.preshrunk.ca.
- Cheque in the mail for items sold (post 90 day feature period)
Follow [Pre]Shrunk on Instagram (@preshrunk.ca) for outfit inspiration, what’s “in-store” or pop-up locations in and around town!