I received these products from Younique in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.
photos by milton photography
After coating my lashes with a few thick strokes of Younique Moodstruck 3D fiber lashes, I stunned myself. Seriously. My lashes were va-va-voom gorgeous! That girl in the mirror went from pea-sized sleepy-eyes to caffeine-crazy baby-blues. A. Total. Babe.
I’ve always wanted to test out a pair of false lashes, but didn’t want to fall in love with a beauty regime I couldn’t maintain. Time and money are scarce during these mothering days. Most of my purchases fall under two categories: price and quality. Can I afford it and will it seep toxins into my body. With that in mind, check out my review below:
- Contains natural ingredients.
- Mimics eyelash extensions without having to commit to eyelash extensions.
- Produces dramatic, thick, voluminous and long lashes.
- Need help trouble shooting? A Younique presenter is available to help with every and any question. Seriously, this was a major perk for me. I was able to ask my presenter (Zabrina), tons of questions and she was very knowledgeable. And if she didn’t know? She investigated my quandry and got back to me pronto.
- Love It Guarantee – Younique wants you to love their products as much as they do. If not, they’ve got you covered.
- Made in the USA.
- Time consuming to apply for a rushed Mama on the go (however, false eyelashes would take much longer!).
- Somewhat clumpy, but I am working on applying the fibres more evenly.
- Costly compared to my toxin-laden drugstore mascara (again, not as much as eyelash extensions).
- Some reviews mentioned this mascara flaked. I generally only wear mascara for 4-5 hours at a time and I didn’t experience this, but I could see how this might happen. Especially if multiple coats are applied.
- I would consider this mascara splurge item. It’s absolutely awesome, but when I compare it to my $6 drugstore mascara, that’s hard to beat. However, my drugstore mascara is paraban-laden and definitely does not give me va-va-voom lashes!
- The mascara should last about three months of daily wear – $35.00 (CDN) = $0.39 per day
EWG Rating (Environmental Working Group)
- Low hazard score – “2”
- Younique lists all ingredients. They use some synthetics ingredients, which I’m not the biggest fan of, but not detrimental by any means. I don’t think an all natural, clean as mud mascara could produce the same results.
- Gluten free, pure minerals, paraben free, talc/starch free, preservative free.
- Find the entire ingredient list here.
- Step 1: Curl your eyelashes with an eyelash curler.
- Step 2: Apply mascara to one eye at a time. Coat an even layer of transplanting gel to lashes of one eye.
- Step 3: Immediately apply natural fibres while the transplanting gel is still wet.
- Step 4: Apply the sealing coat of transplanting gel.
- Step 5: Repeat the process with the other eye.
- Step 6: Reapply as many alternating layers, until desired look is achieved.
- Take your time. For someone who isn’t the best with beauty products, I had to be tedious.
- Apply the fibres mid-eyelash. I found my eyes felt irritated and itchy if I applied the fibres too close to my eyelid.
- If you use makeup remover, a breeze to be sure. I shower every night before bed, so I just washed my face in the shower and it came off easily.
Where to buy
- Order from a Younique presenter through their online portal. Done and Done. I love online shopping.
Do you like to pizzazz your lashes everyday or just for special occasions? What natural products do you use to glam up your day-to-day?