Pregnancy – Week 8&9 – Oh my goodness. I feel paranoid. I feel like the whole world knows I’m pregnant. With the weight gain, the bloating and the constant bathroom breaks, I don’t know how long this will stay a secret. Good thing I am on a hiatus in March to “grow in private”.
Just a few highlights: week 8 I was rear-ended on a highly anticipated shopping trip to the “big” mall (read: Target, Jcrew, Anthropologie, Pottery Barn). Needless to say, the trip was cut short.
During week 9, I develop shingles. Sweet heavens I am thankful for encouraging friends, a good boss, and my mom, who are all so willing to help me recover. I had a good pity party the first day I discovered my rash was more than a rash, but I have moved forward – mainly due to the amount of support I have received with meals and childcare.
Please enjoy this classy bathroom selfie!
This week’s life update:
- First midwife appointment and I brought my toddler. I will not bring her again.
- I have been looking at maternity clothing online to try find good deals. There are no good deals. There are no stylish maternity clothes on the planet that I can afford (or am willing to buy). I am now going to just grump and complain. And obviously just wear moo-moos and sweat pants my entire pregnancy.
- It still hasn’t sunk in that I am going to have two kids.
- I dislike hiding pregnancy.
- I have developed shingles. For real.
- Citrus salad dressings
- Cheese popcorn
- Lifesavers from the admin down the hall at work (only yellow)
- Laundry detergent scent
- Weight gain (none in the first trimester with the last pregnancy)
- No nasal congestion
- Chacne (chin-acne)
- Skin otherwise clear (other than shingles)
- It doesn’t matter what the food is, if the smell lingers, I hate it