Pregnancy – Week 16&17:
We made it to Mexico (week 17)! What a delight. With how difficult my health had been during the first trimester, I felt it would be good for our little nuclear family to take a time out and press the reset button. It took a bit of convincing for the “financial analyst” of the household (a.k.a. my diligent hubby) to agree to the idea, but with a bit of research, a really decent deal through Air Transat, some updated budgeting, as well as another sad, sad snowfall, we jumped on the opportunity to book an all inclusive vacation to Playa Del Carmen, Mexico!
The pool, the naps, the laughs, the relaxation, the heat and the ice cream were just what the doctor ordered – not to mention being surrounded by my two favourite people. We were able to spend some time just “being” for a little while. It’s back to real life this next week, but I feel we have some wind in our sails to propel us.
This week’s life update:
I didn’t feel the baby move much while we were on holidays, but as soon as we got home, the little flutters started again. I think Baby #2 needed a vacation too, and was catching up on sleep in utero.
While at the poolside in Mexico, I wish I had a sign to hang on my stomach that read “slightly pregnant, slightly bloated”. But then again, by the second day, there was some very questionable swim attire (by both men and women) that put me at ease about my current condition. Hehe.
- Ice cream. Specifically, Purdy’s chocolate dipped ice cream bars with some sort of topping. I have not yet caved in to this sweet indulgence, but I have caved to the Rolo ice cream at home far more than I would like to admit.
- Coconut ice cream
- Earl grey tea.
- French fries.
- Oranges. (I was devastated when I forgot to pack one in my work lunch.)
- Mini eggs – seriously, unreal. I would like to give the inventor a Nobel Prize.
- Garlic – seriously the worst invention ever. Don’t bring it near me!
- I don’t get extremely warm during pregnancy.
- I get warm at night. So long winter pj’s!
- I have felt the baby flutter sooner than last pregnancy.
- I have sweet cravings.
- I am still very tired even though I am in the second trimester.