This week’s life update:
September 10 has come and gone. That was the date I was encouraging my Baby to evacuate its premises. However, no signs of labour coming soon. I am not going to lie, a few of my friends who are due AFTER me (even into October) have already given birth. I am feeling slightly cheated! At least my nails are done and my toddler and I are enjoying some dates together.
**Update** I gave birth September 19, 2015 to a beautiful baby girl. Birth story to follow.
Gender prediction: Boy – based on the fact that the acupuncturist told me upon entering the room, “Oh my, that big baby boy!”.
Movies: This week, I watched a cute Netflix movie called, “Arranged“. It was a about an Orthodox Jew and a Muslim woman who befriend one another and form a lovely friendship based on their seemingly opposite similarities during their first year as teachers at a New York school.
Baby names: We have a short list!
Sleep: My toddler has been rising earlier now that she has transitioned to her big girl bed. She has also gone from a three hour afternoon nap to a two hour afternoon nap. Her change in sleep schedule has affected mine. However, I have slept in our freshly renovated basement the past week and it has helped improve my sleep considerably!
What I miss: Wearing cute ballet flats. My feet are currently flippers.
What I am looking forward to: Slowing life down (is it even possible to slow it down even more?) to invite this new Babe into our home. I look forward to more arts and crafts at home with Hazel and less running around. I know it will be a hard transition (there is so much freedom with one afternoon nap with a toddler!), but it will be good for me, my family, and my blog, to spend a little more time at home.
Maternity clothes: I should scrap this section. My husband’s old t-shirts and soccer shorts. With Fall weather blowing in, I am running out of clothing options. This babe better come soon. Thoughts of fashion are out the window!
Aches and pains update (a.k.a. complaining):
- Swollen feet
- My Braxton Hicks are not painful. However, I feel like my stomach stays in Braxton Hicks mode for an extended period of time where my stomach doesn’t actually loosen – it remains a hard round ball and it makes my movements limited!
- My tail bone aches. Sometimes I have back cramping, mostly in the evenings, which makes think I could be in labour. But to my dismay, simply back cramping.
- Congested nose. Like the first trimester, my nose is congested whenever I lay down. I had a massage today, and I could barely breathe and therefore my massage was slightly less enjoyable.
- Picket fence pain or “crotch lightening”
Nesting: Not much by way of nesting these days. I am mostly trying to sleep and keep the house clean.
Stretch marks: None to date.
Workouts: I skipped the gym this past week due to nice weather and hubby being off work. Instead, Hazel and I enjoyed a few “wogs”.
- Dried mango
- Salted carmel gluten free cookies
- Put my swollen feet up.
- Wait for baby.
- Plus a billion other things I am choosing to ignore based on the fact that my BFF said she would help me address some of my quirks when she gets here. Just call me OCD.